Learning to say “no”
Assertiveness without agressiveness
- Respect and recognition are key components of good relational settings
- Everyone has a voice, but it’s not always heard, especially when you are shy
- Gaining assertiveness at work helps create an environment for mutual
understanding and shared confidence
- Assertiveness differs from aggressive behaviors
Using the Savoir-Relier methodology and L’ATELIER as a reservoir of knowledge and practice, in this workshop, you will improve your ability to get your ideas across, make yourself heard or understood and say no when you must.
When signing up for this workshop, you know you are joining a group of people who, like you, are in need to improve their assertiveness and self-confidence so as to improve the quality of their interpersonal relationships.
Duration: 4 hours
Format: Full on-line
Is this workshop for me?
If you are in agreement with 3 assertions, this workshop is for you!
Asking the right questions and engaging in self-reflection you will understand better what assertiveness entails.
- How effective are your listening and observing competences ?
- How often do you speak in meetings?
- What types of behaviors do you exercise interpersonal communication?
- How often do you say « no » to your hierarchy / subordinates? and what drives this « no » ??
- How do you proceed to convince your colleagues about an idea or viewpoint that you have?
- How do you behave in conflict situations during a meeting?
Raising awareness about what assertiveness entails for you so you can work on your weak spots. During this workshop, we will create a context of constructive interaction to test your assertiveness and engage in group sharing where you will address real-life assertiveness challenges.
- Reflexivity on assertiveness – 30’
- What assertiveness really entails – 30’
- SLO exercise (speak-listen-observe) – 20’ – Teams of 4
- CODEV exercise – 80’- Teams of 4
- Flashreport – feedback from experience, key learnings and action items
Top 3 benefits
I better understand what assertiveness is really about and the skills required to improve
I am more confident and more assertive even in difficult situations
- Team cohesion
I feel stronger and more likely to rely on others to learn a skill
YOU WIIL ENGAGE IN LIVE INTERACTIVE ACTIVITIES THAT REQUIRE TIME-SPECIFIC-COMMITMENT TO ONE-ON-ONE OR GROUP EXERCISES. THEY IMPLY COMMITMENT FOR INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP BENEFITS.
When you sign up, please book a specific course-time in your agenda to meet with your peers and enjoy the value of quality interactions.
Join the workshop
Make this workshop available in your company. Please fill in the form to get further info.
Join Next session
> January 10, 2022
Fill in this form to get notified on future sessions: