Making a good first impression
With the Savoir-Relier mindset, this workshop will build your awareness of behaviors and actions that strengthen the ties between a group and new members by building the conditions of trust and engagement.
- Build trust
- Create open-mindedness and adaptability
- Motivate teams and a feeling of belonging
- Integrate new members and align purposes
Using the Savoir-Relier methodology and L’ATELIER as a reservoir of knowledge and practice, in this workshop, you will discover the dynamic of on-boarding and find ways to offer an open and friendly environment for people to connect and share views from their first contact onward.
When signing up for this workshop, you know you are joining a group of people who, like you, are in need to improve how they either integrate a new group or welcome new members in their own group.
Duration: 4 hours
Format: Full on-line
Is this workshop for me?
If you are in agreement with 3 or more of these statements, this workshop is for you!
Asking the right questions and engaging in self-reflection you will understand better what on-boarding entails.
- When is the last time you joined a new group or welcomed someone new in your group?
- How do you feel and behave when you are in a new environment (describe situations, people in a new company or a new country …)?
- What qualities do you need to adapt to new situations and people?
- What qualities do you need to welcome new people around you?
- How do you react when you are in an uncomfortable or foreign environment?
- How do you proceed and behave when you feel estranged (different language, culture, behaviors, codes)?
Learning what on-boarding entails requires to adopt the right posture. During this workshop, we will set the basis for constructive interaction around on-boarding using co-development to share stories of difficult on-boarding.
- Reflexivity on on-boarding – 30’
- What adapting to a new situation really is and what it entails – 30’
- SLO: speaking, listening and observing about new settings – 20’ – Teams of 3
- DUO – 1h30’ – Pairs
- CODEV exercise – 80’- Teams of 4 to 6
- Flashreport – feedback from conflict workshop, key learnings and action item
Top 3 benefits
I better understand what on-boarding entails
I am more confident in dealing with future on-boarding situations
- New groups
I feel I will be more able to adapt in foreign places and/or welcome new people
YOU WIIL ENGAGE IN LIVE INTERACTIVE ACTIVITIES THAT REQUIRE TIME-SPECIFIC-COMMITMENT TO ONE-ON-ONE OR GROUP EXERCISES. THEY IMPLY COMMITMENT FOR INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP BENEFITS.
When you sign up, please book a specific course-time in your agenda to meet with your peers and enjoy the value of quality interactions.
Join the workshop
Make this workshop available in your company. Please fill in the form to get further info.
Join Next sessions
> February 7, 2022